Please note that as of November 2023, Sage has discontinued its Sage Business Cloud Accounting product. If you are seeking an alternative, we suggest considering Sage Intacct and Sage 50. Both Sage products are excellent choices for mid-tier businesses that require robust and user-friendly software.
Fast facts about Sage Accounting:
– Starting price: $7.50 per month
– Key features: Unlimited invoice creation and sending, unlimited users on the standard plan, and multi-currency accounting support.
Sage Accounting is Sage’s primary small-business accounting software product, offering an affordable option for small businesses. While it may not have all the advanced features of other brands, Sage Accounting provides key tools such as unlimited invoicing and multi-currency support at a competitive monthly price. This makes it a suitable choice for businesses that prioritize cost-efficiency over advanced features.
However, Sage Accounting may not be suitable for every business. If features like time tracking, advanced analytics, or a modern interface are important to you, it might be worth considering alternative accounting software options.
Pricing for Sage Accounting:
– Sage Accounting Start: $10 per month (basic accounting tools)
– Sage Accounting: $25 per month with 70% off the first six months (full-featured option)
– Both plans can be tested for free with Sage’s 30-day trial.
Key features of Sage Accounting include:
– Invoicing: Create and send unlimited invoices, choose from customizable templates, and automate recurring invoices.
– Integrations: Seamlessly integrate with over 40 different software products, including payment processors, data entry, and payroll software. Additionally, Sage integrates with Zapier for even more automation options.
– Multi-currency support: Ideal for businesses dealing with international vendors or customers, allowing for different currencies, payment recording, and cash flow monitoring.
Pros of Sage Accounting:
– Pricing: Offers affordable accounting software with features like unlimited users.
– Library: Provides access to an extensive online library and various training resources.
– Support: Users report responsive and helpful customer support.
Cons of Sage Accounting:
– Scalability: Limited scalability options, may not suit rapidly growing businesses with complex accounting needs.
– Lack of tracking: Some features like time and mileage tracking require additional payment.
– Interface: Outdated user interface may not be as visually appealing or intuitive as other options.
Alternative options to consider:
– Xero: Offers receipt capture included in all plans, along with document management and data backup features.
– Freshbooks: Provides a wider range of features, including time tracking, mileage tracking, and project profitability tracking. Offers more plan options, including a customizable enterprise plan. However, some plans limit the number of clients that can be invoiced.
– Wave: Offers more affordable accounting software with free accounting and invoicing tools. Additional features like payroll processing, bookkeeping assistance, and payment processing come at an extra cost. Offers simplicity but lacks advanced features like invoice automation and comprehensive multi-currency support.
This review was conducted by evaluating various factors such as pricing, features, and customer support. Sage was compared to other accounting software options to determine strengths and weaknesses.